Tips and tricks to create a WordPress website in 10 minutes or less
Are you ready to in 10 minutes or less? There is no reason why you can’t go from complete beginner to website owner in very short time, even if you’ve never built a website in your life!
A bit of background first on what exactly WordPress is:
WordPress is a piece of software. It’s a program that allows you to set up a website on the internet. It’s completely free.
It works like this: You sign up for a hosting account and install WordPress with an easy-install through the host. This process literally takes minutes and then you can customize your brand new site!
The only thing you need to pay for is hosting and you can get that at a very affordable rate – less than per month. In this report I’ll make the hosting component real easy on you and recommend the hosting company I’ve personally used to build many of my websites.
Just to clarify the difference in this report we are talking about using wordpress.org and NOT wordpress.com. wordpress.org is for blog and websites that you host on your own domain. Very important distinction there.
2. Finding a host for your WordPress Website
I’m going to recommend only one host to you. There are hundreds out there but this is the one I have used for years and their hosting and customer service is excellent. Of course feel free to look around or if you’re ready to just get going you can take my recommendation below. They offer excellent customer service at affordable prices.
Here’s what you need to know about choosing a host if you want to install WordPress:
Host needs to have cpanel
Host needs to have WordPress one-click install through Fantastico
or Simple Scripts
Multiple Domain name hosting is ideal (because once you’ve got the
bug you’ll want to make more than one website!)
Ok, so you’ve got your host. Next you need to follow these steps:
- Log into your control panel. In your browser type:
- Scroll to the Software/Services tab and click on Fantastico icon
- On the Fantastico page, click the “WordPress” text link on the left sidebar.
- Click on “New Installation.”
- Choose which domain you want this WordPress install to be on
- In the section that says, “Admin access data,” is where you’ll put the login name and password you want to use to log into your WordPress blog dashboard
- Also, add in your email address and the website’s domain name for your new blog.
- Click “
- You will be given the domain information, to make sure that it’s being installed on the correct domain. If it looks good, click “Finish Installation.”
- Congrats! You’re done. You’ve just installed WordPress on your new website. Save your login information and print out the information on the screen so that you can log in and get access to your new blog.
Are you ready to start creating your first WordPress web page? I can guide you through it step-by-step in my FREE video guide created especially for beginners.
In this guide I will show you how to insert pictures on your website, hyperlinks, videos and much more.
Click here to start creating your own website today.
This FREE VIDEO will show you how to create your first webpage, insert links and videos in your website and everything else you need to build your entire website.